- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade spreadable fruit
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4-1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- Sprinkle salmon with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the marmalade, cream, soy sauce, ginger and 4-1/2 teaspoons butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes; set aside.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil and remaining butter for 1 minute. Add spinach and remaining salt and pepper; cook for 4-5 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Divide spinach among four plates; top each with salmon. Drizzle with marmalade sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Orange Salmon with Sauteed Spinach
Sort By :
This was excellent! Very tasty, easy to make.
Excellent, my husband and I really liked it. I cut the recipe in half since there was only 2 of us, but I didn't cut the spinach in half. It cooks down so much the 6 oz. pkg, was perfect for 2.