- 8 cups torn Bibb lettuce or salad greens of your choice
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted, optional
- In a salad bowl, toss the lettuce, onions and oranges; set aside. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, parsley, salt if desired, pepper and hot pepper sauce; shake well. Drizzle desired amount over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Refrigerate any remaining dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Orange Lettuce Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p21
Reviews for Orange Lettuce Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2009
This is such an awesome recipe! Sugar the almonds by toasting in a nonstick pan with a bit of sugar. Just watch really CLOSE they go from toasted to burnt very quickly!