Refreshing and delicious, Jean Murawski’s lightly dressed, main dish salad is always a hit with friends and family in Grosse Pointe, Michigan. Pair it with Three Grain Pan Rolls, which can be found on the Recipe Finder at www.lightandtasty.com.
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 8 cups)
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk orange juice, vinegar, oil, Italian seasoning, garlic and salt until blended. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Top with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Chicken Spinach Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p55
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Chicken Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review