I like this recipe because the orange juice gives the nut bread such a unique flavor and also makes it moist.
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, oil and eggs; mix well. Stir in bananas and orange juice. Combine the dry ingredients; add to banana mixture, beating just until moistened. Stir in walnuts. Pour into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans.
Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaves in plastic wrap and foil. To use, thaw at room temperature. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Orange Banana Nut Bread in Country Extra May 1999, p49
Reviews for Orange Banana Nut Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review