- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, oil and eggs; mix well. Stir in bananas and orange juice. Combine the dry ingredients; add to banana mixture, beating just until moistened. Stir in walnuts. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Orange Banana Nut Bread(10)
Sort By :
Delicious. Good texture. Easy to prepare.
Delicious and very easy to make. I only cooked for 50 minutes, and it could have been taken out a few minutes earlier.
Great with whole wheat flour. I used 4 bananas. I think next time I will add some grated orange peel for a bit more orange taste.
I added orange zest and it was excellent.
I recently made an orange bread recipe and since I like banana bread, I started thinking how good the two would be together. I searched for a recipe and found this one, but I was surprised to find that the taste wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Too fruity, in a "child's fruity toothpaste" kind of way. Other people liked it though, so I guess it just shows how our tastebuds are all different.