Old-Fashioned Fruit Compote Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 package (18 ounces) pitted dried plums
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 4 lemon peel strips
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- In a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until fruit is tender. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 8 cups.
Originally published as Old-Fashioned Fruit Compote in Taste of Home December/January 2011, p30
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Fruit Compote
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2010
I made this in the crockpot, cooking on high for an hour and then low for an hour. It was amazing! Easy, no fuss, light finish to the meal.