Old-Fashioned Fruit Compote Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 package (18 ounces) pitted dried plums
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 4 lemon peel strips
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- In a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until fruit is tender. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 8 cups.
Originally published as Old-Fashioned Fruit Compote in Taste of Home December/January 2011, p30
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Fruit Compote
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2010
"I made this in the crockpot, cooking on high for an hour and then low for an hour. It was amazing! Easy, no fuss, light finish to the meal."