"Peanuts add a pleasant crunch to this pudding," promises field editor Edna Hoffman of Hebron, Indiana.
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Gradually stir in milk; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir a small amount into eggs; return to pan and mix well. cook and stir over medium heat for 2-4 minutes. Remove from the heat; add butter, vanilla, bananas and peanuts. Pour into dishes. Chill. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Old-Fashioned Banana Pudding in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p45
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Banana Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review