Creamy and crunchy, this delightful dish is loaded with popular salad ingredients such as green pepper, green onions, frozen peas and bacon. It’s a colorful accompaniment to Mom’s spaghetti. —Anne Halfhill, Worthington, Ohio
Featured In: 15 Make-Ahead Salad Recipes
- 4 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup each chopped green pepper, celery and green onions
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed and patted dry
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1 cup crumbled cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- In a large salad bowl, layer the lettuce, spinach, green pepper, celery, green onions and peas. Spread with mayonnaise. Combine the cheeses; sprinkle cheeses and bacon over mayonnaise. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Nine-Layer Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p35
Reviews for Nine-Layer Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2010
"I make this salad again and again. A nice change to the old 7 layer salad"