- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded Gouda or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped arugula or fresh baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into pie shell.
Bake on a lower oven rack 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked quiche. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 350°. Place quiche on a baking sheet; cover edge loosely with foil. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted near the center to come out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mushroom-Gouda Quiche
"Delicious! We loved the combination of the gouda with the mushrooms and the little extra kick from the arugula. I did switch out some of the cream with milk to lighten it up a little and it was still very flavorful and had good texture."
"Excellent! I skipped the pie crust and just poured the mixture in a buttered pan and baked as directed. Will definitely make again."