- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 to 2 cups (4 to 8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat egg, milk and salt. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook beef, sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce. Spoon over the spaghetti mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Mozzarella Baked Spaghetti
Sort By :
Nice change to just making spaghetti, but nothing really that special about it. Easy to make and tasted like spaghetti. I only had a 24 oz jar of spaghetti sauce, so I just used that and omitted the tomato sauce. Also, used only ground beef, added some minced garlic to the beef, onion, and green pepper, and added parmesan cheese to the top.
This was quick and easy. My husband loved it and honestly I did make one small change by adding fresh garlic with the onion, but only because it's a habit! My husband would just like a tad more meat, otherwise it was perfect.
I changed the recipe up a bit. I used homemade tomato sauce, omitted the green pepper because I didn't have any and added a can of sliced mushrooms plus I used lean ground chicken and mild sausage. I also added my own spices - Italian seasoning, minced garlic, parsley and celery seed. I cooked the sauce all day in the slow cooker on low and added Parmesan cheese to the sauce once it was done.
This is a very easy recipe to make and easy to adapt to the slow cooker. Using the slow cooker method makes it easy for a family on the go. When you get home the sauce is done and you only have to cook the pasta, pour on the sauce, top with cheese and pop it in the oven to brown. Walla, dinner cooked in less than a half hour.
I will definitely make this recipe again.
I did not have any hamburger thawed so used kielbasa and small amount of pepperoni. It was fast and easy to make and used ingredients that I had on hand. Just the kind of recipe I like and my family loved it.
Did not use the sausage, only used 1 pound ground beef and my family enjoyed this very much.