- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 to 2 cups (4 to 8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat egg, milk and salt. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook beef, sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce. Spoon over the spaghetti mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Mozzarella Baked Spaghetti
Sort By :
"SUPER!!!! Husband and I both absolutely loved it!!! So easy to put to together."
"This was really good and even better, it was so easy to make. I didn't have the green pepper but it didn't deter from the deliciousness.My daughter came out of her room and said, "Mom, you have my permission to make this again!" and proceeded to have a second helping."
"I have made a very similar recipe like this for years. What my recipe calls for is to omit the milk and add a 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, a TBS of garlic powder and a TBS of dried parsley flakes to the egg/noodle mixture then spread a layer (about a cup) of sour cream between the noodles and tomato/beef mixture. It adds a great flavor and texture to the dish."
"So delicious! I used diced tomatoes because I did have tomato sauce. For my spaghetti sauce I used McCormicks Thick and Zesty packet and made my own! I also used Mostacolli noodles."