Morning Maple Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine milk, butter, syrup, sour cream, egg and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. For topping, combine flour, sugar, nuts and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 16 muffins.
Reviews for Morning Maple Muffins
Sort By :
These muffins are some of the best I've ever had. They really do taste like pancakes. My son and husband loved them! Instead of making 16 muffins as the recipe calls for, I made 8 jumbo muffins by filling 8 muffin cups to the brim with batter (a trick I learned from a baking blog I follow). They were big and beautiful, like something you'd see in a bakery window! Made the house smell wonderful! I did not add butter to the topping as I already had a sugar/cinnamon mixture on hand, and was pressed for time. I did throw some chopped walnuts into the sugar mix. Wonderful recipe ... delicious!
These muffins were a huge hit with my family. They were so full of maple walnut flavor, were moist and delicious. They made the whole house smell good. I did substitute the butter with coconut oil which added a subtle coconut flavor, and the vanilla extract with maple extract. Otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Will be making these often!
Delicious taste and great texture. I didn't have nuts for the topping but made it without them and it was still good. I did switch the vanilla for maple extract. Will definitely add this recipe to my regular muffin recipe list.
Very good. Sprinkled cinnamon sugar on top to save time.
I couldn't wait to try these, I loved the texture of the muffin and the heavenly smell while baking but they are lacking in the maple flavor department, I will add some maple extract next time as I have seen some others have suggested.
11/11/13 I added some extra maple syrup this morning BUT I used cream cheese instead of sour cream today, I will NOT use cream cheese again.... love the extra maple