"This recipe combines several favorite flavors-peanut butter, butterscotch and chocolate-in one big cookie," writes Patricia Schroedl of Jefferson, Wisconsin. "Before baking, I like to press a few extra M&M's on top for added color."
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup M&M's
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, cream peanut butter, butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add baking soda and vanilla. Add oats, M&M's, butterscotch chips and peanuts; let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in flour (the dough will be crumbly).
- Shape 1/4 cupfuls into balls. Place on greased baking sheets, about nine cookies on each sheet. Gently flatten cookies. Bake at 325° for 15-18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Monster Cookies in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p53
Reviews for Monster Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review