Mom's Oven-Barbecued Ribs Recipe
- 3 to 4 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place ribs in a greased roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute. Drain ribs. Spoon sauce over ribs. Cover and bake for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 30 minutes longer, basting once. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Mom's Oven-Barbecued Ribs
Sort By :
"The meat came out fantastic, I agree that the last step of cooking for 30 minutes was not needed, However, the sauce recipe however is bland even when I added the brown sugar. I ended up pouring bottled sauce on the ribs 15 minutes before I took them out of the oven."
"Make again as often as possible. Loved by all!"
"On board for this week. Cutting back on chili powder, also leaving out hot pepper sauce since not a fan."
"I wish I had read the reviews and added the brown sugar. They were just ok to us following the original recipe."
"I made these last night. I followed the recipe but did add 1/3 cup of brown sugar like others suggested . They were done after the 1 and a half hours covered, but I did take the top off and cook them about 15 min more just to make sure. This recipe is a winner for sure. They were tender, and delicious ! Thank you for such a wonderful recipe."