- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mixed Bean Salad(4)
Sort By :
This was great! For a change, use some chick peas and perhaps 1/2 red & 1/2 white kidney beans. Dressing does not overwhelm - which is great.
Very quick and easy too make. I made it for a salad luncheon and everyone thought it was wonderful.
This salad is way better than the ready-made (canned) 3-bean salads (from various brands) that you can buy in the store. Do yourself and your family a favor, go ahead and make this instead of buying a pre-made one. This serves more people, and tastes better, too.
Even though I don't care for canned vegetables, this was very good. The celery adds a nice crunch, and you can add in other fresh vegetables if you like--zucchini, pepper, cucumbers. If I make it again, I would cut the oil in half to cut some of the fat from an otherwise healthy salad. If you like "pickled" dishes, you'll like this!