- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) fresh enoki mushrooms or 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup miso paste
- 1 package (16 ounces) firm tofu, drained and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- Thinly sliced green onions
- In a Dutch oven, saute the mushrooms, onion, garlic and ginger in oil until tender. Add the water and miso paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add tofu; heat through. Ladle into bowls; garnish with green onions. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Miso Soup with Tofu and Enoki in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p203
Reviews for Miso Soup with Tofu and Enoki
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 20, 2017
"One should never bring miso to a boil especially if it is the live enzyme type. It will kill all the beneficial properties. Otherwise, this is one of my favorite dishes."