Curried Tofu with Rice
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Sprinkle tofu with seasoned salt. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute tofu in oil until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the coconut milk, cilantro, curry, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in tofu; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 240 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 540mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 10, 2019
simple delicious and easy to work with and alter to use the ingredients you already had.
Mar 23, 2018
We are new to cooking with tofu. Love the ease of it. Good spice.
Aug 16, 2017
5 complete thumbs up, for a great recipe.
Oct 16, 2016
This was very good and I didn't even have all of the ingredients. I had to substitute dried cilantro for fresh and granulated garlic for fresh garlic. Can't wait to try it with the fresh ingredients! I used about 3/4 of the coconut milk just cause I like a bit more sauce. Excellent, will make again.
Mar 14, 2015
This was very good!! I left the tofu/vegetables in when adding the coconut milk for flavor (I used almond milk). I also doubled the seasoning/curry powder/garlic. Instead of salt I used garlic salt seasoning. I mixed part rice/part couscous for variety. I also definitely had more than one serving...
Dec 30, 2013
Love this recipe! I added a few mushrooms, chick peas, a little siracha and ate it w brown basmati rice. It was delicious. I can't wait to have it again!
Jun 24, 2013
Overall it was good. Thanks.
Apr 28, 2013
Awesome dish, I did increase the curry paste to taste.
Jan 12, 2012
Love this recipe, has become a staple. I usually add a can of chickpeas and cut the rice in half to add more protein & they go great with the curry flavor. I've never cooked with coconut milk prior to this, so was concerned, but it is sooooo good!
Oct 7, 2011
great curry, would be great with chicken too!