- 1 beef top round roast (3 pounds)
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons crushed dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 cups mild giardiniera, drained
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 24 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- Sprinkle roast with salt and rosemary; wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Unwrap roast and pat dry. Rub roast with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Brown roast on both sides.
- Transfer to oven; roast 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 135° for medium-rare. (Temperature of roast will continue to rise about 10° upon standing.) Remove roast from skillet; let stand 1 hour. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours or until cold.
- Place giardiniera in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard and horseradish.
- To serve, thinly slice cold beef. Serve on rolls with mayonnaise mixture and giardiniera. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forMini Rosemary-Roast Beef Sandwiches
"I'm not sure what the previous commenter is talking about. I have made this half a dozen times already and EVERYONE loves it. The meat always comes out juicy, tender and nicely seasoned. The sauce is simple and has a nice horseradish kick to it. All in all, you won't be disappointed. TRUST ME."
"This is the only thing I have ever made out of a taste of home magazine that I literally could not eat. My friend also spat hers out. And I like pickled things. I ended up just picking my beef out and eating it was so bad. And the sauce about made me gag."