Mini Ham 'n' Cheese Frittatas Recipe
- 1/4 pound cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Divide ham among eight muffin cups coated with cooking spray; top with cheese. In a large bowl, beat eggs and whites. Beat in the chives, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over cheese, filling each muffin cup three-fourths full.
- Bake at 375° for 22-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Carefully run a knife around edges to loosen; remove from pan. Serve warm. Yield: 8 frittatas.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Mini Ham 'n' Cheese Frittatas
Sort By :
These were really good, I had no problems with water from the ham and did not reduce the salt. I guess it depends what kind of ham you have.
Really tasty. I did mine in ramekins so I can just pop them in the microwave each morning. One question...mine ended up with lots of water from the ham in the bottom. Did anybody else have this problem or an idea of how to prevent that in the future?
This was very good and a nice presentation when done in cute ramekins. However, I would caution about adding salt. The ham and cheese add plenty. Mine turned out too salty, but I will definitely make these again without the salt.
This is a great recipe to make ahead and take to work the next morning for breakfast. I am a vegetarian, so I substituted the ham with veggie sausage. Thank you, Susan.
My boyfriend rated this one because I didn't like it at all. I do not like my eggs that brown and the texture was way off for me. He didn't seem to mind, but wants me to add bacon if I make them again. (probably won't)