Mexican Wedding Cakes Recipe
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Shape tablespoonfuls into 2-in. crescents. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews for Mexican Wedding Cakes(8)
Sort By :
Made these for our wedding anniversary. Husband ate the whole batch! Very addicting.
I'm a novice when it comes to cooking, so I was a bit nervous about trying this recipe. But I did and the cookies came out awesome! I made these to gift and everyone who received them loved them. In fact, I'm making another batch to give to some people who called asking for more. The only adjustment I made was that I baked them for a few more minutes (18-20) at 350 degrees. Thank you for sharing this recipe. :-)
I had no problem reading this recipe. I made these last year for Christmas gifts. These are great tasting cookies. I am making them again this year and many years to come.