- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and 1 cup confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in pecans.
- Shape tablespoons of dough into 2-in. crescents. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until light brown, 12-15 minutes. Roll cookies in additional confectioners' sugar while warm; cool on wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews for Mexican Wedding Cakes
"Delicioso! A Christmas tradition in my family. Whether you call them Mexican Wedding Cakes, Pecan Puffs or Russian Tea Cakes - this is one recipe to save."
"Made these for our wedding anniversary. Husband ate the whole batch! Very addicting."
"I'm a novice when it comes to cooking, so I was a bit nervous about trying this recipe. But I did and the cookies came out awesome! I made these to gift and everyone who received them loved them. In fact, I'm making another batch to give to some people who called asking for more. The only adjustment I made was that I baked them for a few more minutes (18-20) at 350 degrees. Thank you for sharing this recipe. :-)"
"See "Russian Tea Cakes". It cuts the recipe in half.
" As a suggestion, you might want to try Pop-Up Blocker on so you don't have that problem. That's not Taste of Home's fault. Anonymous"
"I had no problem reading this recipe. I made these last year for Christmas gifts. These are great tasting cookies. I am making them again this year and many years to come.Beth :)"
"Before I could even get this recipe read--an ad came up OVER the screen and there was no way to 'cancel' it! This is very annoying!"
"Love these cookies!"