- 15 whole chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, marmalade, garlic, ginger and pepper. Cover and refrigerate 1/2 cup marinade for basting.
- Place remaining marinade in a large resealable plastic bag. Add wing sections; seal bag and toss to coat evenly. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken wings in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Baste with a third of the reserved marinade; bake 15 minutes longer. Baste with remaining marinade. Bake 10-20 minutes more or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Marmalade Soy Wings
Sort By :
I used less soy sauce than the recipe calls for and everyone loved this!
Based on previous reviews, I reduced the soy sauce by half, and added 2 tsp. hot pepper flakes. Nice flavor, but couldn't taste the pepper. Baked for full amount of time, and then put in for an additional 3 minutes on broil to crispen. Still a bit soggy, but next time I'll broil for a minutes longer. Also, I used a 12 oz jar of Smuckers orange marmalade.
This recipe is getting some mixed reviews. I'm on the "didn't like it" side. There was too much soy for me, and hubby didn't like the marmalade flavor.
This is a great recipe! I didnt have ground ginger so i used the crystalized ginger I had and just cut it up into small peices. Then I also drizzled honey over the chicken when they only had 5 more minutes to go! They were beautiful!