As the children were growing up, it was fun to try different recipes. If they ate what I served and liked it, I would use it for an entree with company. If the dish passed the kids' palates, I knew others would enjoy it. —Joi Freeman Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper and salt; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil and butter until tender. Sprinkle with the garlic powder and remaining lemon-pepper. Remove onion and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or a thermometer reaches 170°. Spread marmalade over chicken. Return onion to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the marmalade is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 281 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 522mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Marmalade in Reminisce Extra December 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.