These lean little lamb chops from Jill Heatwole of Pittsville, Maryland are packed with the flavors of rosemary, ginger and mustard. Marinating makes them so tender. They're something special for spring.
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 lamb loin chops (3 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients; add lamb chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade and onion. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Lamb Chops in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p21
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Marinated Lamb Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review