- 6 cups hot mashed sweet potatoes (prepared without milk and butter)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 18 large marshmallows
- In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, milk, butter, brown sugar, egg, cinnamon, vanilla, allspice, salt and nutmeg until smooth.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Top with marshmallows. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until marshmallows just begin to puff and brown. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Mallow-Topped Sweet Potatoes
Sort By :
Very appealing look, but much better recipes are out there.
Every year I try a different sweet potato recipe. Well, I have finally find one that I will stick with. Great side dish.
I used half evaporated milk and half water because I didn't have 2%. Also, since I only had 2 sweet potatoes, I cut everything down to a 1/3 to make it enough for 2.
This is a staple on my table for Thanksgiving & Christmas dinner. Must try recipe! It's always well received :)
Very good. I had to use the mini mashmellows. It was a big hit I made it for Thanksgiving.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Potato Casseroles >
- Potato Side Dishes >