Macaroni Scramble Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked cellentani (spiral pasta) or elbow macaroni
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Drain pasta; add to beef mixture. Stir in the soup, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Macaroni Scramble
Sort By :
My Mother-in- law used to make this for all of the grandchildren (omit onions). They loved it! Now, they make it for their own children!
I tripled the recipe and my kids loved it. I only have a small container in the fridge and my son has already told me that he will be having it for lunch tomorrow. Thank you Patty for this great recipe. I will be sharing this on Facebook and with friends.
Found this in my Taste of Home Cookbook. This recipe is a keeper! We've been busy in the evenings with swim lessons and ball games. I was able to make the meat/sauce mixture in the afternoon and when we were home for an hour in between activities I was able to quickly cook the pasta and we enjoyed a delicious meal. I try and not eat past 7pm and sometimes that is hard to do when you're busy. I'm sure I'll be making this again soon
This is delicious, especially when you add Worcestershire sauce. It was a great quick meal.
My husband and I enjoyed this a lot! I made no changes to the original recipe and it turned out very well. Perfect easy, hearty, satisfying meal for two (or three).
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >