- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, drained
- 3/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a shallow bowl, combine cream and salt.
- Dip both sides of each tortilla in cream mixture; top with 1/4 cup chicken mixture. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour remaining cream mixture over top; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and freeze for up to 6 months.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lone Star Chicken Enchiladas
Sort By :
Delicious! I did not change one thing except to halve the recipe. This will be my new go-to enchilada recipe.
Love this recipe, but skip the cream and use cream of chicken soup instead....mucho reduction of calories
I made it with( one can each) mild enchilada sauce, cream of mushroom soup and evaporated milk. Flour tortillas warmed monetary jack cheese and green chilies. Delicious
I made it with fat free half and half. It was excellent.
This was okay, but not amazing. I used half and half instead of cream to bring down the calories.