Potato nests are simple to make and surprisingly handy for pulled pork, cheese, sour cream and other toppings. Make, bake and collect the compliments. —Melissa Sperka, Greensboro, North Carolina
Featured In: 52 Cheer-Worthy Tailgate Appetizers
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 carton (16 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Minced chives
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, mix hash browns, Parmesan cheese, egg whites and seasonings until blended. Divide potatoes among 18 well-greased muffin cups; press onto bottoms and up sides to form cups.
- Bake 22-25 minutes or until edges are dark golden brown. Carefully run a knife around sides of each cup. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to a serving platter. Meanwhile, heat pulled pork according to package directions.
- Sprinkle cheese into cups. Top with pork, sour cream and bacon; sprinkle with chives. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Loaded Pulled Pork Cups in Simple & Delicious February/March 2015
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Loaded Pulled Pork Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2016
"I am so disappointed that you have not included the nutritional information for this recipe."