- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese blend, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the sour cream, milk, butter, salt and pepper. Beat on medium-low speed until light and fluffy. Stir in 2 cups cheese, bacon and onions.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Loaded Mashed Potatoes
"Im 15 wasnt sure if i would be able to pull it off because im not much of a cook but i just got finished, eating it now and its AMAZING ! Definately going to show this recipe to my family. Thank u for sharing !(:"
"I prepared these delicious potatoes for our Christmas dinner and they were the hit of the dinner. Everyone loved them and I had to send half of what was left home with son and daughter in law. We all went back for seconds. Other than omitting the onions, I followed the directions exactly. This recipe has found a permanent place in my recipe file. Here is the link to my review: http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/p/905378/7874113.aspx#7874113. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"Absolutely delicious. I love loaded baked potatoes and this recipe makes it so easy to do it for a crowd. It also makes a very attractive dish."
"I've made this several times and my husband loves it. I always halve the recipe: 4 medium potatoes, 4 slices of bacon, but 3 green onions, since there is no such thing as too much green onion. :-) Made these again tonight, but discovered at the last minute that the sour cream had gone bad. So I substituted some crumbed feta cheese. Awesome!"
"It was a huge hit and will make again."
"The guys have declared this a Keeper! Big hit this Thanksgiving."
"Made it for a family get together. Everybody loved it. Yes, I'll make it again for this Thanksgiving. It is a winner."
"I love mashed potatoes with any meal and I like the ingredients used in this. I make one similar but only use sour cream and cream cheese. It never dawned on me to make them loaded!"
"So good and pretty easy! Leftovers were great, too!"