- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, cheese and baking powder. In another bowl, combine the eggs, corn, sour cream, oil and chilies. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Little Texas Corn Bread
Sort By :
"This is really good!! Moist, rich and delicious. The perfect accompaniment to soup or chili."
"My family really liked this corn bread. I served it with chili which was already spicy enough for me so I eliminated the green chilies in the corn bread and add 2 tablespoons of sugar. Yum."
"My first pot of chili called for a test of this cornbread today. I thought it was very good..spicy, just the way I like my chili too. I served it while it was still quite warm so it was rather soft yet and didn't hold it's shape, but now that it has cooled down it is fine."