Linguine with Herbed Clam Sauce Recipe
- 1 can (10 ounces) whole baby clams
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- Dash pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Hot cooked linguine
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Drain baby and minced clams, reserving juice; set clams and juice aside. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil and butter until tender. Add parsley and garlic; saute for 2 minutes.
- Add reserved clams; saute 2 minutes longer.
- Combine cornstarch and reserved clam juice until smooth; stir into skillet with wine or broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the basil, pepper and cayenne. Serve over linguine; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Linguine with Herbed Clam Sauce
Sort By :
I've been making this recipe for a few years now and it has become an Easter menu tradition alongside the ham. Delicious and easy!
This was so delicious. I increased everything half again just to get a little more clam deliciousness to go with my pound of linguine. I forgot the Parmesan cheese, but honestly, it wasn't missed because this dish was so good. I'll definitely remember it next time, though.