Light Strawberry-Spinach Salad Recipe
This strawberry-spinach salad makes a wonderful light summer meal. The ingredients are an unusual combination, but all of the flavors and colors complement one another very nicely. Farmers here in Washington grow a lot of strawberries, and they're the sweetest ones I've ever tasted. I'm always looking for new and different ways to use them.
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed, hulled & halved
- In a 7-in. skillet over medium heat, stir sesame seeds until golden; set aside. Wash spinach thoroughly; dry on paper towels and tear into bite-size pieces. Wrap and chill. Blend oil, vinegar, sugar, onion, paprika and Worcestershire sauce. In large glass bowl, mix together spinach, strawberries, dressing and seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry/Spinach Salad in Country Woman May/June 1988, p29
Reviews for Light Strawberry-Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2009
Good, but boring - nothing special.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Spinach Salad Recipes >
- Spinach Salads >