“My husband and I make a point to have at least one ‘date night’ every week. When we eat in, this is our favorite dish. It’s quick and easy, and super satisfying." —Marie Saba, San Antonio, Texas
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted cashews
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- In a large skillet, saute the shallot, ginger and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add shrimp; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, broth, coconut milk, curry powder, pepper flakes and remaining lime juice to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and sauce is slightly reduced, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp; heat through. Garnish with cashews and cilantro. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Let's Get Together Thai Shrimp in Taste of Home August/September 2011, p45
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Let's Get Together Thai Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review