- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute, divided
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, 1/4 cup egg substitute and oil; mix until blended. Reserve 1/2 cup mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 11-13 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Add remaining egg substitute; beat on low speed just until blended. Spread over crust. Crumble reserved topping over filling.
- Bake 11-13 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemony Cream Cheese Bars
"my daughter loves lemon desserts ,April is her birthday month. I made this for her and she LOVED them . I very easy and simple to make will make these again thanks for the bars."