My Caesar salad has the same fresh, classic flavor as one I used to order at a steak house in Saskatoon. Making it at home lets me adjust the garlic—if I want it zesty, I add two cloves. (I believe you can never have too much garlic!)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 6 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- For dressing, combine the first seven ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Place romaine in a salad bowl. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toss to coat. Refrigerate any remaining dressing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Caesar Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p 7
Reviews for Lemony Caesar Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review