- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Lemon wedges, optional
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour and garlic powder. Cut chicken into 1-1/2-in. pieces; pound each with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Dip both sides of chicken in flour mixture to coat lightly; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and chicken is no longer pink. Remove from pan; keep warm. Wipe skillet clean.
- In same pan, bring broth to a boil; stir in orzo. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-10 minutes or until tender. Stir in spinach, tomatoes, lemon juice, basil and remaining salt; remove from heat. Return chicken to pan. If desired, serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken with Orzo
"I was surprised at just how tasty this was. My husband asked where I got the recipe [and guessed Taste of home]. A keeper."
"I made this for dinner tonight and my family loved it!! It was absolutely delicious!! :) This meal will definitely be a new favorite in our home."
"I really hate it when people rate a recipe that they have completely changed but here I go.I used the basic recipe but changed the orzo to rice and the spinach to broccoli my own personal tastes. This was an easy and light recipe and I enjoyed it. Will most likely make again"