Chicken Orzo Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil for 6-7 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute or until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, Italian seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil. Stir in broccoli and chicken; heat through. Drain orzo; stir into chicken mixture.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 342 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 589mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 7g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
May 17, 2016
This recipe, while easy to make, is very bland and needs some serious enhancement to make it palatable. I used some hot sauce, more Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese which helped a lot.
Mar 18, 2014
Did not find this very tasty at all. I had to add more italian seasoning and sprinkled grated parmesan cheese on top to give it flavor. I would give it 5 stars for easy & quick recipe. If you want a very tasty dish that's easy to make try the "Gnocchi With White Beans" recipe here on Tasteofhome.com.
Apr 25, 2012
I made this about a month ago and our family really liked it. I used Italian seasoned tomatoes in place of the stewed tomatoes. This would also be great without the chicken for meatless dish alternative! Yum!
Jan 14, 2012
I had really high hopes for the healthy dish especially because of the high reviews but this recipe turned out horribly bland. The end result was me having to fix up some sandwiches for the family and this meal went out to the chickens. Besides this needing salt and pepper it was missing something else that I just couldn't put my finger on.
Mar 25, 2011
This was SO delicious. But I used Italian Stewed Tomatoes for extra seasoning. LOVED it!
Mar 22, 2011
My family loved it and can't wait for me to fix it again!
Mar 5, 2011
This was delicious, though I thought it could have used even more garlic. I used spinach instead of broccoli, and had some leftover mozzarella cheese that I sprinkled on at the end. Very easy and quick.
Feb 27, 2011
Wonderful! It was slightly on the salty side for me, probably because of the canned stewed tomatoes, so next time I'll leave out the extra salt. Thanks!
Feb 24, 2011
Will definitely make again. yummy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.