- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 hours. Add parsley and thyme; cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken to a serving plate and keep warm. Transfer juices to a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken with Gravy
Sort By :
Really good recipe-will make again-very lemon- for us will use a little less
O my GOODNESS. This was awesome and not high in calories either. Can't wait to make it again. Very flavorful. I served it with wild rice and peas. YUMMY!
I have made this with both fresh and dried ingredients. To get the best flavor, you should go with fresh. The difference is amazing. I made this for a church dinner and served it with rice, and everyone, including the kids, loved it.
easy, but needs lots more flavor
Wonderful gourmet lemon taste. I made it in our sun oven and it turned out great. We'll make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Lemon Chicken >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >