- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 hours. Add parsley and thyme; cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken to a serving plate and keep warm. Transfer juices to a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken with Gravy
Sort By :
"Really good recipe-will make again-very lemon- for us will use a little less"
"O my GOODNESS. This was awesome and not high in calories either. Can't wait to make it again. Very flavorful. I served it with wild rice and peas. YUMMY!"
"I have made this with both fresh and dried ingredients. To get the best flavor, you should go with fresh. The difference is amazing. I made this for a church dinner and served it with rice, and everyone, including the kids, loved it."
"easy, but needs lots more flavor"
"Wonderful gourmet lemon taste. I made it in our sun oven and it turned out great. We'll make this again."