With my family's Armenian background, I grew up surrounded by great cooks. Since Armenian food is time-consuming and labor-intensive, cooking for any party started weeks in advanced. I learned to cook from my mom but have revamped many of her dishes to make them healthier, simpler and quicker, like this version of Armenian Pizza. —Jean L. Ecos, Hartland, Wisconsin
- 3/4 cup drained petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Place tortillas on greased baking sheets. Spread 1/4 cup of meat mixture onto each tortilla to within 1/2 in. of edges (tortillas will not be completely covered). Bake at 425° for 9-12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and edges of tortillas begin to brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lahmajoon (Armenian Pizza) in Taste of Home April/May 2012, p76
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Lahmajoon (Armenian Pizza)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review