Lehmejun (Armenian Pizza)
This pizza-style recipe came from my friend Ruby's mom, who is a crazy-good cook. I added my own flair and tweaked it by using flour tortillas instead of making a dough. —Tamar Yacoubian, Ketchum, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons harissa chili paste
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon ground sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- Cooking spray
- 1 medium lemon, cut in wedges
- Preheat broiler. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef and lamb with onion over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain.
- Mix together next nine ingredients. Add to meat mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, until well blended and heated through. Remove from heat.
- In batches, spritz both sides of tortillas with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet; broil 4-5 in. from heat until crisp and lightly browned, 45-60 seconds per side. Spread meat mixture over tortillas. Serve with lemon wedges.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 filled tortilla: 371 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 464mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Lehmejun (Armenian Pizza) in Taste of Home November 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips