Kale & Bacon Salad with Honey-Horseradish Vinaigrette Recipe
Totally scrumptious and packed with nutrition, this salad was my response to friends who asked how they could incorporate kale into their diets without sacrificing taste. It is also wonderful made with collard or mustard greens, prepared in the same fashion as the kale, or with a mix of spinach & arugula or watercress. —Elizabeth Warren, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- 10 kale leaves, stems removed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Egg, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- Divide kale and basil among eight salad plates. Top with sprouts, bacon, cheese, avocado, egg and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Drizzle over salads; serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Kale & Bacon Salad with Honey-Horseradish Vinaigrette in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p11
Reviews for Kale & Bacon Salad with Honey-Horseradish Vinaigrette(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2013
Wonderful recipe and a great way to use kale. I used only 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil and didn't notice it was missing.