- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon (about 1 medium)
- 1 small red onion, cut into rings
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts or slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Watermelon slices, optional
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon and onion; cover and refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes. Just before serving, add macadamia nuts and arugula to watermelon mixture. In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette and oil; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve over sliced watermelon, if desired. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Juicy Watermelon Salad
"anetLite House vinaigrette is wonderful with this salad."
"This was soooo delicious, using the watermelon that I got at the Farmer's Market. Fresh homegrown fruit and vegetables are my faves. I will definitely be making this again.Also, to help Robin23, Kraft & other brands make all kinds of different balsamic vinaigrette s. They are located right in with the other salad dressing. Or, look up a recipe to make your very own. Good luck!"
"I wanted to answer Robin23's question. There is a balsamic Vinaigrette. I have found this vingerette by different brand names, in the store. You will need to go to a Superstore such as HEB, Kroger's, Wal-Mart, Whole Foods Markets, or equivalent where you live, to find it. Hopes this helps. Lise"
"a bit confused about "vinaigrette" - do you mean "vinegar"?"
"Sooo good! Everyone loves this recipe."
"Another very easy and delicious recipe. Very refreshing and something different to serve company. None of the ingredients are unusual so even fussy eaters will enjoy this one."
"It is surprising to put the cheese and onions with watermelon, but soooo good! I served as a side at a party, was a big hit!"