Juicy Watermelon Salad Recipe
- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon (about 1 medium)
- 1 small red onion, cut into rings
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts or slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Watermelon slices, optional
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon and onion; cover and refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes. Just before serving, add macadamia nuts and arugula to watermelon mixture. In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette and oil; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve over sliced watermelon, if desired. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Juicy Watermelon Salad(10)
Sort By :
Very quick and easy. Replaced the nuts with raisins and that added another layer of sweetness. Also added fresh parsley. Even my husband liked it. A great way to dress up watermelon!
Sooo good! Everyone loves this recipe.
Another very easy and delicious recipe. Very refreshing and something different to serve company. None of the ingredients are unusual so even fussy eaters will enjoy this one.
It is surprising to put the cheese and onions with watermelon, but soooo good! I served as a side at a party, was a big hit!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Macadamia Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >