This fruit salad has such a surprising yet fabulous mix of flavors that friends often ask for the recipe. Combine seedless watermelon varieties in yellow, red and pink for a colorful twist. —Heidi Haight, Macomb, Michigan
- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon (about 1 medium)
- 1 small red onion, cut into rings
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts or slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Watermelon slices, optional
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon and onion; cover and refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes. Just before serving, add macadamia nuts and arugula to watermelon mixture. In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette and oil; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve over sliced watermelon, if desired. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Juicy Watermelon Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2012, p18
Reviews for Juicy Watermelon Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review