- 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 4 green onions, sliced, divided
- Sprinkle chicken with seasonings. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken on both sides, beginning skin side down. Remove from pan, reserving drippings.
- In same pan, saute shallot and garlic in drippings over medium-high heat until tender, 1-2 minutes. Stir in preserves, broth, horseradish sauce and half of the green onions. Add chicken; cook, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, 10-12 minutes.
- To serve, spoon sauce over chicken; sprinkle with remaining green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Jezebel Chicken Thighs
"We enjoyed this tasty and easy to make recipe. Love the sweet and spicy taste of the sauce. I used 8 thighs, but used the amount of sauce called for in the recipe. I did not use the oil; instead, I browned the thighs in a non-stick skillet. I drained all but 2 tablespoons of the fat instead of using all of it. I also seasoned the thighs and let them sit in the refrigerator before cooking. I used sugar-free apricot jam and freshly made horseradish instead of horseradish sauce to save on the calories. Will make this recipe again."