Jalapeno Popper Burgers Recipe
- 3 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 4 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 3/4 cup guacamole
- Brush jalapenos with oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. When cool enough to handle, finely chop. In a small bowl, combine the bacon, cream cheese and jalapeno until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, salt, lemon-pepper, pepper and paprika. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight thin patties. Spoon bacon mixture onto center of four patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with pepper Jack cheese. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until pepper Jack cheese is melted.
- Grill buns, cut side down, over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve burgers on buns with lettuce, tomato and guacamole. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Jalapeno Popper Burgers
Sort By :
"Made with ground turkey and homemade guacamole. Hands down best burger we've ever had."
"Awesome burger, even my hubby who doesn't like avocados thought it was a keeper. It was a little putzy but well worth the time! Like other review comments, don't skip the guacamole!"
"These were a big hit for my barbeque party !!!!!! Delicious !!!!!"
"Our all time favorite burger...have made this many times and it is just amazing. Since it is just 2 of us, I don't make 2 pounds of meat, but I do make a good amount of filling as once you get the hang of filling them, you can fit more than you think...and this is where the flavor is...do not skip the avocado; this really compliments the filling...can't say enough about this burger!"
"do not give this a low rating because YOU don't like the salt level or the amount of meat used. if you haven't tried it ..DO NOT RATE IT. what is wrong with you people? how can you rate for taste what you haven't tried?"