Jalapeno Popper Burgers Recipe
- 3 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 3/4 cup guacamole
- Brush jalapenos with oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. When cool enough to handle, finely chop. In a small bowl, combine the bacon, cream cheese and jalapeno until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, salt, lemon-pepper, pepper and paprika. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight thin patties. Spoon bacon mixture onto center of four patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with pepper Jack cheese. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until pepper Jack cheese is melted.
- Grill buns, cut side down, over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve burgers on buns with lettuce, tomato and guacamole. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Jalapeno Popper Burgers
Sort By :
"I liked the combination of all the ingredients. Just be mindful when making the beef patties or they can become too big of a burger!"
"Made with ground turkey and homemade guacamole. Hands down best burger we've ever had."
"Awesome burger, even my hubby who doesn't like avocados thought it was a keeper. It was a little putzy but well worth the time! Like other review comments, don't skip the guacamole!"
"These were a big hit for my barbeque party !!!!!! Delicious !!!!!"
"Our all time favorite burger...have made this many times and it is just amazing. Since it is just 2 of us, I don't make 2 pounds of meat, but I do make a good amount of filling as once you get the hang of filling them, you can fit more than you think...and this is where the flavor is...do not skip the avocado; this really compliments the filling...can't say enough about this burger!"