- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Unroll dough on a lightly floured surface. Pat into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle; sprinkle mozzarella and cheddar cheeses to within 1/2 in. of edges. Layer with salami, ham and pimientos.
- Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting from a short side; pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Cut with a serrated knife. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Italian Stromboli
"Very delicious. I used sliced muenster and sharp cheddar to make rolling up the dough easier. I used fresh poblano peppers instead of pimientos. I buttered the crust after it baked.My problem was how to pat that dough into a large rectangle. It was like trying to keep a rubber band stretched out. Anyone have a tip??"
"This is an excellent springboard recipe! However, it is way, way too salty. I realize now why they suggested a sweet side dish to go with it! Next time, I will eliminate the salami (which is the main cause of the salt), and just keep the same amount of ham. That should improve it. It would be great without any meat. I would add the meat just so that it would be a complete lunch (other than the veggies)."
"I loved this recipe and so did my fussy 5 year old! The candy bar apple salad was a big hit as well!"
"I LOVE this recipe! The first time I tried this I forgot the ham and just doubled up on the salami and it was terrific. The second time I skipped the ham intentionally and had salami and peperoni which was also very good. Just a hint for the dough, it doesn't say it's Pillsbury for the French loaf but that is where you will find it, with all the other Pillsbury canned goods. Delicious, easy, goof proof recipe. I highly recommend it for a regular dinner at home or for a party. Yum!"
"Would love to make this recipe, but hasway too much sodium"
"My family absolutely LOVES this. I have made it with different meats in it such as pepperoni, turkey, etc. It's is always a favorite."