My brother and I come from an Italian family, and we designed these pork chops to include Italian staples like fresh mozzarella, sweet red peppers and broccoli rabe. —Shana Lewis, Totowa, New Jersey
Recommended: 30 Grilled Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1/2 pound broccoli rabe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup sliced roasted sweet red pepper
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Preheat broiler. Trim 1/2 in. off ends of broccoli rabe; discard any coarse leaves.
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add broccoli rabe; cook, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Sprinkle pork chops with seasonings. In a broiler-safe skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork chops; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove from heat.
- Layer chops with red pepper, broccoli rabe and cheese. Broil 4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Smothered Broccoli Chops in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Italian Smothered Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review