- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 7 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pickled banana pepper rings
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 thin slices hard salami, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, cheese, yellow pepper, onion, pepper rings, olives, salami and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 18 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Italian Basil Pasta Salad
"Nice light salad. The only changes I made were to omit the olives and used processed mozzarella instead of fresh."
"This has become a must have especially when we grill out!"
"Made it for my Fourth of July cook out! Was a huge hit!!! I would put a little less salt next time- seemed a little salty to me but no complaints just great reviews from everyone who ate it! Definitely make it again!!"
"This was very good and will make it again. I put it together the night before and added the dressing and mozzarella right before I served it."
"This was so easy to make and I did it the day before and just added the dressing before serving and it was delicious - it will be one of my go to recipes"
"I was hoping this would be an amazing go to pasta salad recipe. It fell a little flat. I made exactly as written, using fresh produce (alot right from my garden.) I appreciated the variety of textures and flavors...the salami, the cheese, fresh basil among the highlights. The dressing was light and tangy, and great for an outdoor venue (we had a potluck in the summer outdoors, nice to have a non-mayo based dish.) But I wasn't wowed, and neither were most of my guests."
"Very tasty! Didn't have fresh basil or banana rings so used dried basil and a few small pieces of cut up pepperchini. Everyone loved it!"
"Super salad. Thank you TimBoy (May 28, 2011) for the link for recipe conversions though because the original recipe serves 18 and my husband doesn't really appreciate leftovers. I reduced the recipe by 1/3rd and still have enough for lunch today. This salad was our main dish for dinner last night with a side of creamy clam chowder. Lovely meal. We have a monthly meal with 5 other couples so I'll definitely take this salad next time and keep it in mind for church suppers."