You can assemble this effortless appetizer in a jiffy. The pizza-flavored dip goes very fast, so you may want to make two batches. —Stacie Morse, South Otselic, New York
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- Breadsticks or tortilla chips
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and Italian seasoning. Spread in an ungreased 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate.
- Combine mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses; sprinkle half over the cream cheese. Top with the pizza sauce, remaining cheese mixture, green pepper and onion.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is almost melted, rotating a half turn several times. Let stand for 1-2 minutes. Serve with breadsticks or tortilla chips. Yield: about 3 cups.
Originally published as Hot Pizza Dip in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p11
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hot Pizza Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review