I've made this creamy, hearty mushroom appetizer for years—it's a big hit every time.—Barbara Pletzke, Herndon, Virginia
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- French bread baguette slices, toasted if desired
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and shallot; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in cream cheese, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper until blended and heated through. Serve with baguette slices. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Hot Mushroom Spread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Hot Mushroom Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review