Hot Dog Soup Recipe
- 4 medium carrots, cut into thin strips
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute the carrots, potatoes, parsnips and onion in butter for 5 minutes. Stir in flour until blended. Add the hot dogs, milk, soup, water, basil and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Hot Dog Soup(4)
Sort By :
Because we are only two in out household, I changed out a few things with delicious results. I halved the recipe, but instead of parsnips (never used them) I replaced with 1 celery stalk. I didn't use evaporated milk, but used the whole can of soup, and instead of just a half cup of water, used 3/4 cup so more soup like. Husband loved it and instead of feeding four he ate for three!
this is really good! I did not change a thing,you just got to try this!
This is a surprise favorite. My kids even eat the carrots!
While it's touted as a kid's meal, my husband and I love this easy soup. It's a great one-dish meal!