For parties, we shrink down lots of foods to slider size, including these quick hot dogs. Pile on the easy but irresistible fruit salsa for a burst of fresh flavor. —Carole Resnick, Cleveland, Ohio
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple (1/2 inch)
- 1 cup cubed peeled mango (1/2 inch)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 12 hot dogs
- 12 hot dog buns, split
- In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, honey and salt until blended. Add pineapple, mango, onion and pepper; toss to coat.
- Grill hot dogs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 7-9 minutes or until heated through, turning occasionally.
- Place hot dogs in buns; cut each crosswise in half. Serve with fruit salsa. Yield: 2 dozen (2 cups salsa).
Originally published as Hot Dog Sliders with Mango-Pineapple Salsa in Taste of Home April/May 2015, p62
Reviews for Hot Dog Sliders with Mango-Pineapple Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2016
"I didn't have quite enough lime juice ,so I had to sub the other half with lemon juice. I didn't put in quite that much onion and I'm glad that I didn't. I love this recipe. It's also great served with tortilla chips."