“I've found this recipe to be a favorite to serve to any of our 23 grandchildren. They always love hot dogs!” This creamy soup features hearty hash browns and vegetables, too. Carolyn Zimmerman - Fairbury, Illinois
Recommended: 50 Easy Weeknight Dinners
- 2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hot dogs, sliced
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in hot dog slices and 2-1/2 cups milk. Combine flour and remaining milk until smooth. Stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in butter until melted. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Hot Dog Chowder in TasteofHome.com 2016
Reviews for Hot Dog Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review